User Experience Engineer at Fair Isaac
Skills:Interaction Design, Research, User Experience
Aim: To excel Fair Isaac Product’s Usability and User Experience.
Duration: June 2008 to July 2009 (India, UK and US)
Methods Used: Information Architecture, User-centered Design Process, Usability testing and evaluation, Web Strategy, User Experience Research, Interaction Design, Functional & Presentation Specifications, Site Documentation, Requirement Gathering, Quantitative and Qualitative Methods, Ethnography, UML, Flowcharts.
Epitome: As Usability founder at India location, assisted in compilation of UI patterns library, UI specifications and usability heuristics for a new product development. I worked for the redesign of an Application Suite, which brings all major Fair Isaac legacy products under a common architecture and common look and feel.
- Design and specify user interface guidelines and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery methods.
- Produce user requirements specifications, low and high fidelity wireframes, prototypes, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
Design and Methodology:
- The User Interface (UI) redesign included defining the UI framework, common features, design patterns, standards & guidelines for designers and developers.
- Conducted Usability tests for the existing products, some of them are Debt Manager ™ Solution, Falcon ®, FAFS, and Global FICO ™ Scores.
- Designed Task flow and User Interface based on Use Cases as defined by Business Systems Analyst (BSA) and Project Management (PM).